FreedomBox 0.7 Released!
December 19, 2015
I'm pleased to announce that FreedomBox 0.7 has been released! This release comes 7 weeks after the previous release (0.6).
FreedomBox version 0.7 is available here:
Before using, you should verify the image's signature. See https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Download for further instructions.
Thanks to all who helped to put this release together.
More information on this release is available on the wiki:
Major FreedomBox 0.7 Changes:
- Translations! Full translations of the interface in Danish, Dutch, French, German and Norwegian Bokmål, and partial Telugu.
- Support for OLinuXino A20 MICRO and LIME2
- New Plinth applications: OpenVPN, reStore (currently disabled in Plinth config, until Debian package is uploaded)
- Improved first-boot experience
- Many bugfixes and cleanups
When Transmission page is accessed after install, it will show "403: Forbidden". Here is a workaround for this issue:
Log into your FreedomBox using the console or SSH.
Edit the Transmission configuration: $ sudo vi /etc/transmission-daemon/settings.json Change "rpc-whitelist-enabled" to false. Save and quit.
Reload the Transmission server. $ sudo invoke-rc.d transmission-daemon reload Important: Make sure you reload instead of restart* the service. Otherwise your changes to the configuration will get overwritten.
Access the Transmission page at https://freedombox.local/transmission or similar.
Please feel free to join us to discuss this release on the mailing list, IRC, or on the monthly progress calls: